Repay Loans Held By a Guaranty Agency

Under the Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program, after your student loan is placed in default by the holder of the loan, an insurance claim for the amount of the loan is paid by the guaranty agency (the organization that administers the FFEL Program for your state) to the holder of the loan. To find out more about your repayment options for your loan held by a guaranty agency, please call the agency servicing your loan.

You can call the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243), to find out which guaranty agency holds your loan. If you already know which agency is servicing your loan, you can check here for a complete list of each guaranty agency's address and phone number. Failure to repay the loan may lead to several negative consequences for you.